Eshcol National Harvest Festival
Jasper Wing (Finance)
- The work of the Jasper wing is easier than that of the other two wings.
- There should be no deposit in the bank in the name of ENHF.
And Moses gave commandment, and they caused it to be proclaimed throughout the camp, saying, Let neither man nor woman make any more work for the offering of the sanctuary. So the people were restrained from bringing.
- Gen. 41:34 “reserve” is both finance and personnel. The Churches are obliged to pay their 1/5 of the offerings as well as the believers for ENHF
- Whenever there is a need of finance, (or you can fix the frequency of a regular period say, one month) the Captain of Jasper wing will send a prayer appeal circular, in advance itself, to the Churches stating the needs and approximate estimate . The Lord will induce people, those who should get the particular blessing. They will come forward to meet that particular expense. They can directly meet the expense (if it is to be done through the church, see no.8, or they can give it to the Captain of Jasper Wing)
- For this the churches can be divided into areas or regions so that every month a particular area can be contacted.
- If there are 12 divisions, they can be informed earlier which month is their turn. This will create a zeal in them and to make a savings so that each one will share the blessing according to the share which he has received from the Lord.
- This is for the general expenses.
- When the church sends Lions and Leopards, they will undertake their expenses also.
- If the Church is not able to do that, the captain should direct him to another church pastor who is able and willing to support him. This will create good relationships and unity among the pastors.
- Let us not approach any church or pastor to make a big fund in the beginning itself.
- All the activities should be on faith level.
- When there occurs a shortage of funds, let the members of Jasper wing assemble before the Lord and pray. The Lord says, He will show, then and there, names of people and pastors whom they should approach. This will be a testimony for them to share about the Lord’s mastery over the whole affair of ENHF.
- This regulation is to avoid even the least activity of Satan who may creep through the treasurer of funds if we appoint any, under the Captain) and to avoid the evils of jealousy, competition for the position of treasurer etc.
- When the Jasper Wing Captain comes for the meeting once in two months, let him bring a clear report (not a mere balance sheet as it happens in the meetings of societies) of how the Lord took lead in providing all the needs of the ENHF. He will submit an account of the money, income and expenses, which was transacted by him during the two months.
And they received of Moses all the offering, which the children of Israel had brought for the work of the service of the sanctuary, to make it withal. And they brought yet unto him free offerings every morning.
- Nobody should be compelled to give money. No fixing of rates also. All that could be done is explaining the mighty revelations and activities of God. Let them ask you and wonder “how about the finance for this noble cause?” The answer should be, “on Faith. Those the Lord have predestined to participate and get the blessing offer willingly. So far no deficit came. Hereafter also the Lord will see all His plans are carried out.
And they came, every one whose heart stirred him up, and every one whom his spirit made willing, and they brought the Lord’s offering to the work of the tabernacle of the congregation, and for all his service, and for the holy garments. And they came, both men and women, as many as were willing hearted, and brought bracelets, and earrings, and rings, and tablets, all jewels of gold: and every man that offered an offering of gold unto the Lord.
The children of Israel brought a willing offering unto the Lord, every man and woman, whose heart made them willing to bring for all manner of work, which the Lord had commanded to be made by the hand of Moses.
- Today, the names of the evangelizers and renewal churches are spoiled with the fund collection. Let this be a lesson to us. Fixing of rates, by all means, should be avoided.
- Let the leaders, and people get confidence in us and our activities first. Funds will flow automatically. We need not go asking for it.
- The Captain should be aware of the financial needs. It is his duty to make them known to the Lord by people in a wider level.
- Offering could be made either in cash or in kind, as the people did in Israel. (wood, metal)
Every one that did offer an offering of silver and brass brought the Lord’s offering: and every man, with whom was found shittim wood for any work of the service, brought it.
- If any more explanation is needed when practically implemented, we will uplift it in prayer, when we come together next time and wait upon the Lord for an answer.